Please read these Terms and Conditions of use carefully before using this site.
By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions, do not use this site!
This document lays out the Terms and Conditions which shall be applicable to all subscribers who are existing or may subscribe anytime in future with Sound Steps AVT Limited.
By using our services, you are agreeing to be bound by all these terms and conditions. We may change these terms at any time, but we will post a notice on this website of any material changes. Your continued use of avtdirect.com and its services means that you accept any new or modified terms.
Please note that if you use or subscribe to our Standard and Premium Add-On Services, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Please refer to those products’ specific rules for guidance and the engagement letter.
As a registered subscriber, you can change your password at any time. Also, if you forget your password, please use the “Lost your password?” link at the login page and we will send you a link that will let you set a new one.
You agree to use avtdirect.com for lawful and non-professional purposes only.
You may not access or use our website to:
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations
- Encourage conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful
- Transmit any content that is disruptive, uncivil, abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, unlawful, harassing, defamatory, discriminatory, or which discloses confidential or private or personal matters concerning any person
- Collect or store personal data about other users or act in breach of data protection legislation (such as the Data Protection Act 2018);
- Transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, “Trojan Horses,” or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else’s computer or our systems
- Forge, mask or manipulate any headers, identifiers, domain names or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through or on our site
- Use any automated means, including without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, copy or harvest data from any part of our sites
- Try to get around any protections, suspensions or terminations we put in place for the security and operation of our site
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- Take any action that damages or disrupts the functioning of our systems or services.
Unauthorised access of our site is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and a violation of the law. You agree not to access our sites by any means other than the interfaces we provide for use in accessing them.
You are responsible for all acts that occur using your subscription and password. Do not disclose your password to anybody. If you think that your password has been compromised, you must let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of information
Please note that any information you enter on our websites (such as when you register or subscribe to something from us) will be transferred outside the European Economic Area and to the United States of America for the purposes of processing and maintenance. By submitting your information to us, you expressly consent to this transfer. For more information on our privacy practices, and to view the terms under which all personal data is maintained, please review our Privacy Statement, which is incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, all the content on this site is the property of Sound Steps AVT Limited and is protected by UK and international copyright laws. “Content” means any information, mode of expression, or other material and services found on avtdirect.com. This includes software, our writings, our videos, graphics and all other features found on the site. Our content is intended for individual, personal use only. It is not permitted for the professional use by other auditory verbal therapists, audiologists, medical professionals and persons or institutions of a similar nature.
“Copyright Sound Steps AVT Limited.: Any copying, distribution, storing or transmission of any kind, or any sort of commercial use of our content is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission.”
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sound Steps AVT Limited and its parent, affiliates, directors, officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) as a result of any material you post on our forum or any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
Disclaimer of warranties and liability
Sound Steps AVT Limited cannot and does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information, or other content found on our site, or its usefulness for any particular purpose.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the website. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the website, or the entire website, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the website, or any features, parts or content of the website.
The website may, from time to time, include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of, or association with, their operators or promoters.
Sound Steps AVT Limited makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, reliability completeness, currentness or timeliness, software, links or communications of any material or content contained in our areas. All information provided on avtdirect.com is to be used on an “as is, with all faults” basis.
We make no promises that our content or the service itself will be delivered to you uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
You agree that under no circumstances shall Sound Steps AVT Limited be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or any other type of loss or injury resulting from your use or downloading of any content on our site. This includes, but is not limited to, loss or injury caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by contingencies beyond our control in creating or delivering any portion of avtdirect.com
Sound Steps AVT Limited, its employees, agents, and affiliates will not be liable for any economic loss including any special, indirect, consequential or exemplary losses you may incur.
Please also see our separate Disclaimer statement, which is incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
Sound Steps AVT Limited has trademarks, which are detailed in our Legal Information. You agree not to use or display the Sound Steps AVT Limited trademarks in any manner without our prior written consent.
If you have a complaint about one of our services, then in the first instance you should contact us at email@example.com including full details of your complaint. Sound Steps AVT Limited will attempt to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible and inform you of the outcome of our investigation. We will inform you at the earliest possible opportunity, but within eight weeks in any case.
Except as otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, there are no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
If any provision in these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between you and us regarding them or the website will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
- Modules are structured sequentially and are purchased one at a time.
- Once you complete all modules, you have the option to renew your account on the terms applicable on the renewal date.
- Your subscription is not auto-renewed.
- Each module is available to you for 455 days(approximately 15 months) from the date of subscription. This period enables you, for example, to undertake such medical procedures your doctor may advise.
- Sound Steps AVT Ltd. reserves the right to terminate services at any time.
- All video lessons, lesson plans, questionnaires, course structure and module content are copyrighted and cannot be copied, reproduced, repurposed or altered in any way.
- Subscriptions once made are not refunded under any circumstances.
- Basic plan subscribers may switch to the Standard plan only after Module 1. This option is not available thereafter. No credit is given for the subscription paid for in the Basic plan.
- We estimate that each video lesson will take at least one week to complete. Each module should take approximately three weeks to complete.
- In order to complete a module, you need to submit the progress review and all feedback forms for every video lesson in the module.
- Once you complete a module, you may subscribe to the next module.
- Standard plan users may switch to the Basic plan at the end of any module. Subscriptions paid to date for the Standard plan cannot be applied to payment for the Basic plan. No refunds are made. Your videos as paid for will continue to be available to you after you switch to the Basic plan provided your account is renewed.
- The Premium Add-on service is available only to users in the Standard plan who pay the additional subscription and subject to the paragraphs 7-11 below.
- The video call for this product is available by prior appointment only.
- We will conduct a preliminary screening video phone call between you and a member of staff to assess suitability prior to scheduling the appointment and taking payment.
- All video phone calls are recorded and archived.
- We reserve the right to terminate a video phone call at any time and with no reason or explanation.
- No refunds are made for video phone calls that are so terminated.
Sound Steps AVT Limited’s Trademarks and Brands
Our work is copyrighted
All writing, videos and animations on our site is the property of Sound Steps AVT Limited and is protected under copyright. None of the material may be reproduced without our written permission. Re-publication and re- dissemination, including posting to any groups, bulletin boards or other discussion forums, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Sound Steps AVT Limited. This copyright extends from original Sound Steps AVT Limited material, to the raw and edited compilations of our content and videos.
Sound Steps AVT Limited reserves the right to republish the material contributed by our subscribers. By posting a content (by whatever means), you expressly grant the right to Sound Steps AVT Limited to republish the message / content as part of our edited compilations or otherwise – see the ‘Your content’ section in Terms and Conditions for more details.
Copyright infringement and defamation
Sound Steps AVT Limited is not responsible for the content of any external Web or Internet sites.
Transfer of information
Please note that any information you enter on our site (such as when you register or subscribe to services we offer) will be transferred outside the European Economic Area and to the United States of America for the purposes of processing and maintenance. By submitting your information to us, you expressly consent to this transfer