● Auditory Closure
This level includes:
● Video Lesson 39 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids.
● Video Lesson 40 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids.
● Video Lesson 41 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids.
These 10-minute video lessons take you into therapy sessions with babies and young children with hearing loss so that you may observe first-hand how to develop identical weekly targets.
In the Standard Tier, each Video Lesson comes with
● a Lesson Plan
● a Feedback Form
● Video requests as specified
You will receive a questionnaire “You and Your Baby with Hearing Loss” in 3 parts with each video lesson in this module.
What you and your child will learn:
At the end of this plan, you will
1. Read longer stories to your child that have a more involved storyline.
2. Use Auditory Closure as an Auditory-Verbal technique to enhance your child’s expressive language skills.
At the end of this plan your baby or young child will
1. Engage in longer stories with a more complicated storyline.
2. Understand the pronouns ‘she’ Vs ‘they’. (based on your child’s age and stage of development)
3. Ask some 2-3word questions. e.g. What’s that?
4. Understand the plural marker ___s. (based on your child’s age and stage of development)
5. Say /t/ and/or /d/ in familiar words.