● Trust that your baby is listening.
● Sing through your day.
● Ear Contact
This level includes:
Your child’s hearing devices from Session 6 onwards represent optimal amplification.
● Video Lesson 6 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids and The Listening Check
● Video Lesson 7 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids
● Video Lesson 8 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids
These 10-minute videos take you into therapy sessions with babies and young children with hearing loss so that you may observe first-hand how to develop identical weekly targets.
In the Standard Tier, each video comes with
● a Lesson Plan
● a Feedback Form
● Video requests as specified
What you and your child will learn:
At the end of this module, you will
1. Administer the Listening Check every morning to monitor that your child’s hearing devices are in working order. (refer: Video ‘The Listening Check’)
2. Maintain Ear Contact when talking to your child with hearing loss.
3. Talk to your child; not test her.
4. Connect the sound to its sound source consistently.
5. Focus on conveying meaning as you engage your child.
6. Engage your baby or young child in Pretend Play.
7. Read large picture books to your child.
At the end of this module, your baby or young child will
1. Point to his ear to indicate that he heard a sound/ a new sound.
2. Detect all the Learning to Listen (LTL) sounds introduced.
3. Identify 1 item in a simple sentence.
4. Follow 1-2 simple commands.