● Read to your baby.
● Sing! to your baby.
● Ling’s 6 Sound Test
● Talk in complete sentences.
● The I heard that! Cue.
This level includes:
● Session 3 with hearing aids (prior to CI surgery, as applicable)
● Session 4 with hearing aids (prior to CI surgery, as applicable)
● Session 5 with hearing aids (prior to CI surgery as applicable)
These 10-minute videos take you into therapy sessions with babies and young children with hearing loss so that you may observe first-hand how to develop identical weekly targets.
In the Standard Tier, each video comes with
● a Lesson Plan
● a Feedback Form
● Video requests as specified
You will also receive a questionnaire “You and Your Baby with Hearing Loss” in 3 parts with this module.
What you and your child will learn:
At the end of this module you will
1. Establish consistent full time use of your child’s hearing device/s (hearing aids/Cochlear implants/ implantable hearing devices such as Baha) during all your baby’s or young child’s waking hours.
2. Alert your baby or young child to environmental sounds using the I heard that! Cue.
3. Describe the significance of Ling’s 6 Sound test in understanding your child’s hearing loss.
4. Check your baby or young child’s hearing devices daily using Ling’s 6 Sound test.
5. Reinforce familiar Learning to Listen sounds in everyday life.
6. Use early verbs (as guided) in your interaction with your baby or young child.
7. Maintain Joint Attention in your baby or young child with hearing loss.
8. Explain whether hearing aids provide your baby or young child with hearing loss with optimal amplification.
9. Read to your baby.
At the end of this plan your baby or young child will
1. Alert to voice onset from close.
2. Engage attentively in a variety of activities for at least 20-25 minutes.
3. Enjoy being read to.
4. Listen to some of Ling’s 6 sounds as specified using the Learning to Listen sounds.
5. Build a tower of at least 2 blocks.