● Listening is fun!
● Read to your baby.
● Maintain Ear Contact
● Use a sing-song voice to talk to your baby or young child
● The ‘Wait!’ cue
This level includes:
● An Introduction
● Understanding Hearing Loss
● Understanding Auditory-Verbal Therapy
● Getting Started
This series of videos of approximately 5-7 minutes duration orient you to manage your baby or young child with hearing loss.
● Session 1 with hearing aids (prior to CI surgery, as applicable)
● Session 2 with hearing aids (prior to CI surgery, as applicable)
These 10-minute videos take you into therapy sessions with babies and young children with hearing loss so that you may observe first-hand how to develop identical weekly targets.
In the Standard Tier, each video lesson comes with
● a Lesson Plan
● a Feedback Form
● Video requests as specified
What you and your child will learn:
At the end of this plan, you will
1. Recognise that hearing loss is about the brain.
2. Put your child’s hearing device/s (hearing aids/Cochlear implants/ implantable hearing devices such as Baha) back on every time s/he takes them off.
3. Identify when your baby or young child with hearing loss
-heard a sound
-has detected spoken language.
4. Identify all 5 domains in which therapy targets will be set.
5. Engage your baby or young child with hearing loss in play with specific Learning to Listen toys with low frequency performatives.
6. Recognise how to draw your child’s attention to detect environmental sounds.
7. Identify how to develop Object Permanence in your baby or young child with hearing loss.
8. Read to your baby or young child with hearing loss.
At the end of this plan your baby or young child will
1. Recognise that hearing devices are always put back on his/her ears when s/he is awake.
2. Enjoy being spoken to.
3. Alert to at least one environmental sound.
4. Enjoy being read to.